Will it cost me anything to make a claim?

We offer an absolute and guaranteed No Win, No Fee agreement, it’s that simple. If successful, we take a fee of up to 20% (plus 4% VAT) of the award of compensation. If unsuccessful, our clients pay us nothing.

How do I get my dental records?

We have a dedicated dental records team. We do not ask you to do anything apart from sign a form of authority to provide us with permission to access your confidential records. We will request disclosure of your records from your surgery and/or hospital and pay the administration fee. Only your solicitor and an independent medical expert will see your dental records and we will destroy or return them to your surgery on completion of your claim if you request as such.


What if my claim relates to a child?

We can help you!

You will act as the child’s litigation friend. What this means is that we will take instruction from you on behalf of your child.

The ordinary three year time limit for bringing proceedings does not commence until a child reaches majority age, which means they have until their 21st birthday in which to start proceedings.


Who can I make a claim against?

Claims can be made against anyone involved in the provision of your dental treatment. This includes both NHS and Private dentists/dental practices. It may also include dental hospitals, hygienists, orthodontists or other dental professionals and specialists.


How long does a claim take?

When you instruct us to look at the possibility of making a claim for the injury you have suffered, the first thing we will do is request copies of all your relevant dental records. The healthcare professional is obliged to provide your dental records. The length of time taken to obtain your dental records varies from case to case. It is heavily dependant on the number of different healthcare professionals and bodies involved in your case as well as how accessible your records are.

Once we have received your dental records, these are reviewed and an independent medical expert instructed to provide an opinion on the liability of the professional who provided your treatment.

If the medical expert report provides sufficient evidence that the negligence of a medical professional caused you to suffer harm, we would then write a Letter of Claim to the professional involved. The professional, or their insurers, then has a period of up to 4 months to investigate your complaint and respond. This response will either admit or deny liability.

The investigation of your potential claim up to this point can take 12 months or more, however, every case is different and will proceed on different timescales.

We will endeavour, throughout the claim process, to ensure you are kept fully up to date on the likely timescales of the work we are undertaking.


What compensation will I get?

How much compensation you may receive varies depending on the severity of your injury, how you have been affected by the injury, how well you may recover from your injury and whether it will have a permanent impact on your life.

You may receive compensation for:


How do I begin to make a claim?

Simply call our free helpline on 08001583869 (0333 200 4720 on a mobile) and a specialist member of our team will be available to take your details and give you an immediate indication of whether we will be able to take on your claim.

Alternatively, complete the short enquiry form and we will contact you as soon as possible to take your details.

Our adviser will be able to give you information about the process of making a claim and explain our ‘No Win, No Fee’ agreement to you.

When your claim is taken on we will ask you to sign a Form of Authority and we will then request copies of your dental records from the healthcare professionals involved.

We will take care of all the paperwork and arrangements throughout and will ensure that you are fully updated regularly on the progress of your claim.


How long do I have to make a claim?

There are time limits for making a claim for compensation and you should speak to a legal adviser as soon as possible to make sure that you are able to make a claim.

If a claim is not started within three years from the date of the negligent treatment or advice (or three years after their 18th birthday, in the case of a child), you may be time barred.

Although these time limits are enforced, there are circumstances where you can make a claim even if you are outside the three year limitation period. It is always worth speaking to a legal adviser regardless of when you suffered your injury, to see if you are still able to make a claim.

Our adviser will be able to give you advice and information on time limits which may apply to your claim, and you will receive an immediate response about whether we are able to investigate your claim in any event.